Yoga TT: Spring Five Element Workshop
YOGA & OILS
or 6 weekly payments from $35.83 learn more
Based on Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and following the Five Element system used in Zen Shiatsu, we'll dive deep into our Spring Wood energy & how this can translate onto the mat in our teachings, our postures and within in our own personal practice.
This one day course will be lead by Di Johnston, a Shiatsu practitioner and yoga teacher here in the Waikato. This training will be amazing for yoga teachers and serious yogi's who would love to delve deep into how to harness your spring energy and how this translates on the mat for ourselves and our students.
What to expect:
- An opening circle where we ground our energy together with a Wood Element Meditation
- A day filled with hands on learning as we explore your Spring postures in relation to the Liver and Gallbladder meridian channels
- You'll be guided through the corresponding acu-pressure points and extended meridian channels used in Shitatsu, again in a hands on fashion
- This will cover postures through Yin and Hatha Yoga
- A detailed discussion on how your Spring energy manifests within the body in a balanced or un-balanced way
- You'll receive a workbook, detailing the Spring yoga postures, meridian lines and a detailed self-acu massage process you can practice at home to deepen your embodiment of the learnings.
- We will finish our day with a Spring yin yoga class followed on by a yoga nidra to have you leaving totally blissed
You will be guided through this course by Di Johnston who has been practising & immersed in the world of Shiatsu & Self Massage since 2005. Here is a message from Di on the course:
''I am beyond excited to bring this to life with you - it comes from years of study and practice of following the seasons and learning to balance the body thru Five Element Techniques thru the seasons, thru the injuries and the life events which place differing stresses on our system.
I believe that this could truly be a life changing course for your personally but also for your teachings and your students - it has certainly done so for me and has forever changed how I approach healing, effectively putting our healing in our own hands where possible. I hope you'll join me in learning skills to balance your energy handed down from generations of teachers before us, but skills which are simple enough to be used every day for optimal health.''
When: 30th August 2020, 9am - 4.30pm, with an hour for lunch
Lunch info: please bring your own lunch or head offsite to one of our many cafe's. Nibbles and tea will be provided through out the day.
Provided: Mats, Bolsters, Blankets etc, workbook and an essential oil blend to have you dancing into Spring
NB: This is not affiliated with Yoga Alliance hours, just personal growth and development.
Any Questions, we'd love to hear from you, please contact Renee on 021 0278 3282.